Wasini Island lies southeast of kenya opposite the harbour of the village Shimoni. It is app. 7 kilometres long and 3 kilometres across. Kisite-Mpunguti Marine National Park is situated on the southern coast of Kenya near Shimoni and south of Wasini Island in Kwale District near the Tanzanian border. Kisite park covers 11 square kilometres while Mpunguti reserve covers 28 square kilometres. The park covers anarea with four small islands surrounded by coral reef.
Snorkel & Dolphin Watching Tours
All tours include hotel transfer (from Diani beach), boat trip, if lucky dolphin watching, snorkelling în the Marine park, lunch, quick tour of the village on the island and back.
Some say: “It’s all the same”, but that’s NOT true! You can book this tours either with your touroperator, in most local Travel Agencies or Safari Offices, on the beach or with “Diani Dhow”. Each tour is quitdifferent in their package or quality of service.
Please compare proper before you book - Our Motto is: “Price is an issue only in the absence of value.”
Why Diani Dhow
How many Guests per Tour?
Diani Dhow takes only 6-12 guests per trip – even if our dhow is licensed for 24 pax.
That brings a lot of advanatages like ....
1. We are almost always the first in the Marine park, since we don’t have to pick up too many guests from different locations. This is why at that time we often see dolphins …
2. You have more space for yourself – you can sit comfortable or lay down and have a nap.
3. If our captain see’s dolphins during your snorkel stop – its easier for us to pick you and bring you straight to them which is the main reason for you to go for that trip (its very difficult or impossible if you have 30 snorkelers in the water).
4. You will get more attention from our 2 Snorkel guides – so best for not so experienced snorkelers, kids or guests who need just a little help here and there.
5. If you are a small group – its easier to decide to lengthen or shorten this or that part of the trip.
6. Most of the time you will be alone in our restaurant – hence it’s not so crouwded like other places.
We are always trying to get you the best possible transport to Shimoni (60-90 min) – this is why most of the time we use Toyota Alphards or new Toyota Hiace/Nissan Caravan models vehicles.
We offer you FREE Swahili Breakfast with Coffee and Tea on our Dhow Waswila.
All Sodas and Mineralwaters are FREE of charge on the boat and in the restaurant.
1. We have latest snorkel equipment – even Full Face Mask and prescription diving masks.
2. You can dive with us for a little extra fee of 35 Euro – Best even for Fundivers/Beginners!
3. We do 2 Snorkel Stops (each 45-60 minutes) with a break in between.
1. SeaFood lunch or Chicken /Vegeterian Food for lunch which is always yammy.
2. We also offer you 2 beers or 2 glasses of white wine for lunch – FREE!
What else is Special with us?
1. We do have a Nikon 4k Underwater Camera on board and our Crew takes amazing photos and videosfor you. In the evening Steffen will send you a Dropbox link for FREE download!
2. Free entrance in Coral/Mangrove Garden (normally 200kes) on Wasini and the famous Slave Cave in Shimoni (normally 400 kes). Means even with Diani Dhow you will support the local community there – we call that “Responsible Tourism”.
3. We have swahili, english, german and polish talking guides on board.
Best at last
We guarantee you Best Price for Value – our price for Non Kenyan Resident is 85 Euro per Person only – kids under 12 years 50 euro. You will NOT find a better price for same package – if so … we will refund you whatever you paid too much. Kenyan Residents or East African Citizens pay only 6500 Kes per adultand 4000 Kes for Kids under 12 years because of reduced Park Fee etc.